Urban Wars
March 28, 2024, 04:26:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome, here you will find all the information on Urban Wars

Home Help Search Staff List Login Register  

screen follow?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: screen follow?  (Read 279 times)
Mexicouger
Lieutenant

View Profile
« on: April 27, 2010, 08:20:21 am »

I think this might be engine, But possible in qc. Is it possible to make the screen follow a .enemy entity just  alittle bit? Kind of lik ein the halo games. It kinda locks onto the target but if he moves far enough away, you got free aim. I wanna code this in an dlearn more about vectors( Because I`m sure there is alot in this function). I also need it for my mod, And duke, Im totally giving you credit for some of the things I have added like fusion coils. The coil movement, however, Doesn`t work ( I wish you could find a way to fix). So do you know of any way to make the screen follow an enemy for a certain range? Thanks in advance. And one more quickie : What is the function in client callled when the player only enters the server once. No tthe Function that is called when setting up th eplayer. there Is a main start, I know there is.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

DukeInstinct
Administrator
Lieutenant

The ArchDuke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 06:39:17 pm »

Perhaps worldspawn is what you're looking for? It's used to precache models.

What exactly do you mean by the screen following an entity? Do you want to find entites in front of the player and then rotate the player's view so their crosshair stays on that particular entity? I'd know how to find entites in front of the player, however, I wouldn't know how to make the player rotate in their direction.

And for the fusion coils, I'll have to try to make my own so I can see what could possibly be the problem for myself.
Report Spam   Logged

Urban Wars Coder/3d Modeler/Animator

Mexicouger
Lieutenant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 07:41:02 pm »

Yes, for the playe rto attacth onto an entity and rotate. And please experiment with misc_explobox. it sbasically a coil. And I need this badly Duke. If you could give my coils a ragdoll effect, you would be my hero
Report Spam   Logged
Mexicouger
Lieutenant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 07:44:07 pm »

And on another note: Do you know how to make models in worldcraft? I made a coil and put the setmodel on misc expobox to fcoil.bsp. but there is nothing there. Is there something I gotta do to the  bsp? a certain thing I nee dto put in the map?
Report Spam   Logged
DukeInstinct
Administrator
Lieutenant

The ArchDuke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 12:35:40 am »

Isn't .bsp a map file?
Report Spam   Logged

Urban Wars Coder/3d Modeler/Animator

Mexicouger
Lieutenant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 01:21:34 am »

Yea. bsp is a map file. But look at some on quakes entities like ammo and health. They are created in worldcraft and are maps. Same with misc_explobox. It is a method called map modeling. I just started and I like it.
Report Spam   Logged
Mexicouger
Lieutenant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2010, 08:46:35 am »

I have not added anything even close to screen following. I hope you experiment with misc_explobox and find a nice hackish ragdoll effect still.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Get your own Chat Box! Go Large!
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum