Urban Wars
March 29, 2024, 02:41:27 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome, here you will find all the information on Urban Wars

Home Help Search Staff List Login Register  

OFFICIAL AIRSOFT THREAD

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: OFFICIAL AIRSOFT THREAD  (Read 421 times)
Nixtwiz
Global Moderator
Sergeant

View Profile
« on: March 04, 2010, 06:24:25 pm »

this thread is for any and all discussion of airsoft. what is it? how is it? why do it?
well,
imagine a bb gun. but with the bb's a few times larger, and plastic. thats an airsoft gun. the springs are cocked back using bolt action, electric motors, or compressed gas (CO2, Green gas, red gas, black gas, etc.). their speeds range from 100 feet per second to around 600-700. the highest electric guns are under 450.

airsoft vs. paintball?
in paintball, most all guns are the same. they are semi automatic and are very similar.
in airsoft, the variety of guns is much larger. the guns in airsoft range from snipers to assault rifles to even automatic pistols.

does this mean one is better than the other?
no. but given that airsoft also offers different weights of bb's, so you can choose between higher velocity or more accuracy, its my game of choice Cheesy

so. what kind of gun do you use? where do you have "wars?" and any other discussions for people to talk about. do it all here..
Report Spam   Logged

somebody's been naughty...

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Mobster
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 06:59:22 pm »

I airsoft all the time and love it. I have a 410 fps sniper, 375 fps pistol, 300 fps mp5, and a 370 fps shotgun. The guys and I usually go to a designated place in the woods for wars, and we have a blast.

In my opinion, airsofting is much more enjoyable than paintball for a couple reasons. First, like you said, the guns come in many more styles which adds to the effect. Next, airsofting doesn't make quite as much of a mess. Lastly, airsofting costs much less. With most, there is no gas refills needed like paintball guns.

Airsoft FTW
Report Spam   Logged
DukeInstinct
Administrator
Lieutenant

The ArchDuke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 07:08:08 pm »

I have two spring airsoft pistols, a spring airsoft shotgun, and an electric airsoft mp5. I was thinking about getting an air soft sniper rifle too.

Report Spam   Logged

Urban Wars Coder/3d Modeler/Animator

Nixtwiz
Global Moderator
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2010, 04:40:45 pm »

i have two guns. a 430 fps L96 sniper (but i just bought an upgrade for it to go to 500-550), and a 380 fps CO2 Ruger.

my friends and i have "wars" in the deserts behind our houses. theres also two designated airsoft places set up here where i live. both are set up with small wood buildings, barrels and stuff. one has sniper towers and helicopters Cheesy but ive never been to either of them Sad
Report Spam   Logged

Mobster
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 11:56:55 am »

What? Helicopters?
Report Spam   Logged
Nixtwiz
Global Moderator
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010, 12:42:18 pm »

ya from what i hear theres 2 downed helicopters on the field
Report Spam   Logged

Nixtwiz
Global Moderator
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2010, 01:23:48 pm »

http://www.disruptivepaintball.com/gallery/100_0170.jpg

Duke, be careful about going into sniping. it is VERY expensive. sure you can buy a decent sniper for less than $100, but you have to upgrade it. sniping is about putting 2-3 times as much money in upgrades into the gun as you paid for the stock parts. my rifle, the Well L96, is $130, but I'm already about to put $110 into it for a tighter barrel and better spring/piston. just keep that in mind..
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Get your own Chat Box! Go Large!
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum